This web site and its contents in the format presented, are copyrighted by Roberta Kieliger and may not be copied, altered, converted nor uploaded to any electronic system or BBS, nor linked from any "pay-for-view" site, linked in such a manner as to appear to be part of another site including "frame" capturing, nor included in any software collection or print collection of any type without the express written permission of the author of this site, namely, Roberta Kieliger.
Benjamin Smith BANDFIELD, Sr. born Feb. 28, 1804, died Feb. 1881. He married, June 5, 1828, Phoebe Robinson, daughter of Michael Robinson, born March 10, 1810, died June 25, 1869.
Children of Benjamin Bandfield and Phoebe Robinson were:
1. Harriet Bandfield, born Feb. 15, 1829.
2. Michael R. Bandfield, born June 9, 1831, died April 18, 1860.
3. John Bandfield, born Dec. 10, 1832, died Dec 11, 1908, Flagstaff, AZ.
4. Francis Bandfield, born Jan 29, 1836, died 1918, Marshalltown, IA
5. Margaret Bandfield, born Oct. 18, 1838, married Shommedum,
died Nov. 15, 1875, Chicago, IL.
6. James Jacob Bandfield, born Apr 3, 1841, PA, died 1885.
7. Albert Bandfield, born Sept 4, 1843, PA, died, Jan 22, 1909.
8. Benjamin S. Bandfield, born Feb 19, 1846, Elmira, Chemung, NY, (PA?)
married May 28, 1874, Boone, IA to Margaret Priscella Hurst, daughter of James Jacob Hurst and Susan Messmore. He died Feb 23, 1912, Marshalltown, IA
9. William Bandfield, born Jun 24, 1848, Bradford Co. PA,
He died at the Iowa Soldier's home, Marshalltown, Iowa, March 28, 1908.
10. Mary Ann Bandfield, born Nov 28, 1852, Illinois, married Price,died Jun 10, 1910.
11. Catherine Bandfield, born 1859, Nebraska.
Papers dated 1831/32 state that Benjamin Bandfield, Sr. was the administrator of the estate of Phoebe's father, Michael Robinson, inhabitant of the town of Erin, then Tioga County, NY.
Phoebe Robinson was the sister of Mary Ann Robinson. We have a copy of a letter written by Phoebe to Mary Ann. The letter was written during the civil war. 1862.
Names mentioned in the letter: Abby, John, Jake, Francis, Michael's son in Nebraska, Mary Ann, and John Barnes. Michael moved to Missouri, they have pressed him in the Northern Army and Young Ben has enlisted for 3 years. Most of the names are those of her children
1830 Census: Erin, Tioga County, NY:
Page 157, Robinson, Michael
Page 158, Bandfield, James
1835 Census: Erin, Tioga County, NY:
Page 6, Bandfield, Benjamin--3 males, 2 females, 1 Male qualified to vote.
Bandfield, John--1 male, 1 female, 1 Male qualified to vote.
Bandfield, James--4 male, 3 females, 1 Subject to Militia,
1 Male qualified to vote.
1840 Census: Ridgeberry Township, Bradford County, PA:
Page 425, Bandfield, Benjamin, 4 males & 3 females.
1860 Census: Milan Township, DeKalb, IL
Page 382, Bandfield, Benjamin J. 56, Phebe 49, Michael 29, John 27, Margaret 31, Jacob 19 b. PA, Albert 17 b. PA, Benjamin 14 b. PA, William 12 b. PA, Mary A. 7 b. IL, Cathrine 1 born Neb.
Civil War Soldier Records
Charmayne Bischel, descendant of Benjamin Sr.
BANFIELD - BANDFIELD RESEARCHERS
Charmayne Bischel Descends from Benjamin Bandfield, Sr.
Susan Austin Descends from James Banfield.
Don Weymouth Researching Banfield.
RESEARCH SOURCES ON THE WEB
Return to: Top
© 1998-2003 All rights reserved.
Email: harrietsletters@yahoo dot com
Web Page: Harriet's Letters On Line